Tooth pain and jaw pain can be both uncomfortable and debilitating, interfering with your daily activities and reducing your overall quality of life. If you’re experiencing any type of dental pain or discomfort, Spring Green Family Dental is here to help. Our team of experienced dental professionals is dedicated to providing high-quality, patient-focused care to help you say goodbye to tooth pain and jaw pain for good. Whether you’re dealing with a toothache, sensitivity, or jaw pain due to temporomandibular disorder (TMD), we use the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and treat the root of your dental problem, ensuring that you receive the best possible care.
Tooth pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay is one of the most common causes of tooth pain. It occurs when bacteria in the mouth produce acid that erodes the enamel and dentin of the tooth, leading to a cavity.
- Gum disease: Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an infection of the gums that can cause tooth pain, especially if it is left untreated.
- Tooth abscess: A tooth abscess is a pocket of pus that forms in the tooth or gums due to a bacterial infection. It can cause severe tooth pain and requires immediate treatment.
- Cracked or broken teeth: Cracked or broken teeth can cause tooth pain, especially if the crack or break is deep enough to expose the sensitive inner layers of the tooth.
- Teeth grinding: Grinding or clenching your teeth can cause tooth pain, as it puts pressure on the teeth and can lead to wear and tear.
At Spring Green Family Dental, we use a variety of treatments to address tooth pain, depending on the underlying cause. For example:
- Fillings: If your tooth pain is due to tooth decay, we may recommend a filling to repair the cavity and alleviate the pain.
- Scaling and root planing: If your tooth pain is due to gum disease, we may recommend a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing to remove the bacteria and promote healing.
- Root canal therapy: If your tooth pain is due to an abscess, we may recommend a root canal to remove the infected tissue and save the tooth.
- Dental bonding or a crown: If your tooth pain is due to a cracked or broken tooth, we may recommend dental bonding or a crown to restore the tooth’s shape and function.
- Custom nightguards: If your tooth pain is due to teeth grinding, we may recommend a custom-fitted nightguard to protect your teeth and alleviate the pressure.
No matter the cause of your tooth pain, our team of experienced dental professionals will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to help you find relief and restore your dental health.
At Spring Green Family Dental, we offer a range of treatments to address jaw pain, depending on the underlying cause. One of the most common causes of jaw pain is temporomandibular disorder (TMD), which is a condition that affects the jaw joint and surrounding muscles. For TMD-related jaw pain, we may recommend physical therapy exercises to help relieve muscle tension and improve jaw mobility. In addition, we may suggest a custom-fitted nightguard to protect your teeth and alleviate pressure on your jaw.
If your jaw pain is due to teeth grinding, we may also recommend a custom-fitted nightguard to help protect your teeth and alleviate pressure on your jaw. In some cases, we may prescribe pain relievers, muscle relaxants, or anti-inflammatory medications to alleviate jaw pain.
Our team of experienced dental professionals will work with you to identify the underlying cause of your tooth or jaw pain and develop a personalized treatment plan to help alleviate your discomfort and restore your dental health. We are committed to providing compassionate care and helping our patients achieve healthy, pain-free smiles.
Don’t let dental pain disrupt your daily life any longer. If you’re experiencing tooth or jaw pain, the experienced professionals at Spring Green Family Dental are here to help. We offer a range of treatments to address dental pain and restore your oral health. Our team is committed to providing compassionate care and helping our patients achieve healthy, pain-free smiles. Take the first step towards a pain-free smile by scheduling an appointment with us. Contact our office in Katy, TX to book your appointment. Let us help you say goodbye to dental pain for good!